US man bites into needle at Burger King
No replies to this topic
Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:19 AM
A Massachusettes man is suing fast-food chain Burger King after he allegedly bit into a metal needle in the middle of his Double Whopper. Oscar Chaves' ordeal allegedly began when the New Bedford man dropped into the Burger King around the corner from his house for dinner with his son-in-law, MyFox reported.
"I start to eat. I get about two bites and the third bite I feel something go through my throat," Mr Chaves said. "I say, ‘Steve, something go through my throat.’ He says, ‘Could be a piece of lettuce, you know how they make it.’ I say, ‘Yeah, but it hurt so much."
Mr Chaves was rushed to hospital where doctors removed a 5-cm needle from his tongue. X-rays revealed damage to his esophagus and metal in his stomach. Mr Chaves said he missed days of work. His face was swollen for eight weeks, and he had to undergo testing for up to six months afterward.
“You get scared, you know, for the last six months I was really scared,” said Chaves.
After the incident, Chaves said he called Burger King to ask them to pay more than US$15,000 ($16,900) in medical bills, he was told someone would get back to him in two days. That was more than a year ago, and he is still waiting.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users